Back to School Information
We are excited to welcome you back for the 2019-2020 school year in CSDNB, where Every Day Matters!!
Please see below for all information you need to get ready for a great year beginning on the first day of school on September 3.
Click on the link to find the universal student supply list:
All students in grades K - 8 must wear the approved universal uniform of a white or navy collared shirt and either khaki or navy blue Dockers style slacks/bottoms.
- Pants or knee-length shorts – Pants should be “dress or “Dockers” style and be belted at the waist only. No denim jeans. Girls may also wear skirts, jumpers or skorts in either khaki or navy blue and must be knee length or longer.
- Tops – Tops should be a solid color with a collar or turtleneck, worn tucked-in and tops may have long or short sleeves. No tee-shirts are allowed.
- Footwear – Shoes and sneakers must have a back strap to keep them on a student’s feet. Laces must be tied and blue or white socks are acceptable.
- Optional – Sweaters, blazers or vests in a solid color of navy or white are acceptable. Clothing with hoods, graphic designs, word screening, logos etc. are not allowed. If the uniform policy is a financial burden, parents may submit a written request for clothing assistance to their school principal specifying the clothing needed together with a statement of financial need.
- Click here for corner bus stop schedules
- Click here for info on downloading the Versatrans Parent App (allowing parents to monitor the real time GPS location of their child’s bus on its route)
Important Dates and Events
- NBHS 9th Grade Orientation - Aug. 20: 10:00 am @ NBHS Auditorium
- 6th Grade Orientation - Aug. 22: 5:30 - 6:30 pm @ Slade; 6:00 - 7:00 pm @ Pulaski; 6:30-7:30 pm @ HALS
- Back To School Bash - Aug. 23: 5:30-7:00 pm @New Britain Stadium (before/during New Britain Bees game)
- Pre-K and Kindergarten Orientation - Aug. 28: 5:00-6:00 pm @ Chamberlain, DiLoreto, Holmes, Jefferson, Lincoln, Northend, Roosevelt Early Learning Center, Smalley, Smith, Vance
- First Day of School: September 3