Beginning-of-the-Year Tech Help
This website is setup for students and parents. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if any links do not work, or if the files will not open. We work primarily in the google environment, but for the sake of convenience for ALL computer platforms, most links are downloadable as a PDF.
Student Procedure if Device is not Working Properly
Always remember to turn off and turn on, or do a hard reset (home button and power button at same time) before submitting a ticket. Student tech tickets are no longer available. Students should reset teachers submit a FreshDesk Ticket. Students may NOT visit the technicians office. It is ok, however, to visit the media center for troubleshooting.
- RMS Technology Ambassador's email for Suggestions/Feedback - email@example.com
Student of the Month
Take High Quality Photos (Created by RAT Sari)
UNSUBSCRIBE from unwanted emails (like from Belk or other department stores)
#1 Whenever you get an "is this a scam?" vibe from an email, please forward the message to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: your teacher.
#2 When we confirm a message is phishing, we'll ask you from your end to report the offending message to Google (see screenshot).
#3 The technology department will block the individual sender or sometimes entire domains, and we also report the message to government and industry working groups to add to the dataset that informs phish-phinding heuristics.
Free G-Suite Training
G-Suite being, of course, Google Suite of apps--this link provides instructions for you to setup the Free G-Suite in-app training. It's an add-on to get little pop-ups within the apps while working in the apps - https://support.google.com/a/answer/7039472
On an iPad
- How to Change Your Notifications (Ethan K)
- Turn Off Google Classroom Email Notification (YouTube)
- Google Docs on your iPad (YouTube)
- How to Google Slides iPad App Tutorial (YouTube)
- Organizing Files on Google Drive App (YouTube)
- Google Classroom App for Students (YouTube)
- Saving an iMovie to Your Google Drive on an iPad (Created by RAT, Scott J.)
- Organizing Google Drive files on your iPad (Created by RAT Jonah K.)
On a Computer or Chromebook
- Turn Off Gmail Notifications (Created by RAT Sara Mc)
- Google Classroom Basic Tutorial for Students
- Chromebook Shortcuts
For more tech help, check our youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkeOrSFBs2ojuyW9ed8ZBqQk
LEGO Movie App
- LEGO Movie Maker App: Storyboard and Editing Tips (YouTube - LEGO)
- LEGO Movie Maker App: Camera Tips and Tricks (YouTube - LEGO)
- LEGO Movie Maker App: Animation Tips and Tricks (YouTube - LEGO)
- Stop Motion Basic Tips: Sliding (YouTube - Gulded)
- LEGO Movie Maker App: Lighting Tips and Tricks (YouTube - LEGO)
- LEGO Movie Maker Manual (Opens a .PDF)
- Sharing LEGO Movie to Google Drive (YouTube - kboswell)