Choir & Jazzmania
In 6th grade choir, students continue to practice for the May District Choir Concert.
- We are working on three songs with an American theme
- Comin' Round the Mountain
- Fifty Nifty United States - Ray Charles
- This Land is Your Land - Woodie Guthrie
- The students are also focusing 5 aspects of singing
- Prepare the air
- Support the sound
- Round vowels
- Clean consonants
- In Jazzmania, we have shifted from learning "Honey Muffin" to another piece by Patrick Ware, "'Round Four."
- The students are learning skills of collaboration with a group while playing independently. They are also learning how to read the notes for the instruments they are playing. "Round Four" calls for glockenspiels, soprano, alto and bass xylophones.