SCHOOL COUNSELING CORNER
MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
Annually, mental illness affects:
14% of Asian adults
17% of Black adults
17% of Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander adults
18% of Hispanic/Latin adults
19% of Indigenous adults
32% of multiracial adults
44% of LGB adults
• 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience a mental health condition each year. You are #NotAlone #MHM
• If you ever feel alone because of your mental illness, the NAMI community is here for you. You are #NotAlone • Mental illness affects millions of people in the U.S. You are #NotAlone #MHM
• 17% of youth aged 6–17 experience a mental health condition. #MHM • Sharing your story is not only helpful for your own mental health journey, it’s also a great way to let others know they are #NotAlone.
• Stigma and discrimination have caused so many of us to suffer. This #MHM, let’s break down stigma so no one struggles in silence.
• 19% of U.S. adults have an anxiety disorder.
End the silence around mental illness because the suicide rate has increased 31% since 2001. #MHM
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO FIND #TOOLS2THRIVE
CREATING HEALTH ROUTINES
ELIMINATING TOXIC INFLUENCES
FINDING THE POSITIVE AFTER LOSS
OWNING YOUR FEELINGS
CONNECTING WITH OTHERS
LISTEN IN AS YOU READ OR DO YOUR WORK......
BABBLING BROOK MUSIC
CALM PIANO MUSIC
OR TRY ONE WHEN YOU NEED A BREAK IN YOUR DAY.....