Dear parents and athletes,
The girls 5th-6th and 7th-8th soccer season is starting soon. We will be holding tryouts after school at our practice field in Lincoln Park on Tuesday, 3 April 2018 and Wednesday, 4 April 2018.
We will meet in 202 at 4:05 PM and leave promptly for Lincoln Park. Important: Students should be dressed and ready to run and play (gym shoes not cleats), because they will have no opportunity to change before tryouts, practices, and games. Students will put on shin guards and cleats on the pitch.
After tryouts, we will return to LaSalle at 5:40 PM, where parents can pick up their children at the playground door near Orleans.
To try out, athletes must bring a signed CPS Parental Consent Form, necessary gear (cleats, shin guards, water, etc.) and have a parent complete our online tryout form.
Hard copies of the CPS Parental Consent Form are available in the school’s office. A prerequisite for all athletes is having the physical endurance to run to Lincoln Park for every practice.
For athletes to give themselves the best opportunity to make the team, we encourage them to attend both tryout sessions.
We will send an invitation letter to all athletes who make the team before the deadline for the league's player registration Friday, 6 April 2018.
Parents of all athletes who make the team will register their children in the league with Team Sideline:
Looking forward to a great season.
Coach Y. Anthony Choi
Throughout the soccer season, we will primarily communicate with parents and athletes through email and this website. Important: If we need to cancel or delay a match last-minute due to inclement weather, we will notify parents using the Remind app, which will distribute messages to your cell phones. We ask all parents to register for the current season's distribution list using the following link:
We are always in need of volunteers to help during the season, especially with:
- Setting up our pitch on match days, including goal nets, corner cones, and field lines
While the coaches are not directly involved in carpooling, parents will be able to contact each other and make carpooling arrangements using the Remind app Coming Soon. If an athlete is carpooling with another family, our school requires a written permission note from the athlete's parent.
We expect that all athletes who make the team to commit to scheduled practices and matches. Playing time will be determined by the athlete's commitment to the team and their attitude on and off the field.
- Come prepared with proper attire and equipment, especially a soccer ball if you own one. Be prepared to practice in the rain and in the cold.
- Give your full attention and best effort during practices.
- Be a kind and supportive teammate: communicate with teammates and your coaches using encouraging words.
- Be a leader and a positive role model on and off the pitch.
- Work on fundamentals: dribbling, trapping, passing, shooting, and defending. TRAIN BOTH FEET.
- Learn your position and the rules of the game. Know where to be, and your role ... we win and lose as a team.
- Have fun but be safe.
2018 Girls 5th-6th and 7th-8th Season
- Tuesday 3 April, 4:05-5:40 PM: Tryout Day 1
- Wednesday 3 April, 4:05-5:40 PM: Tryout Day 2
- Tuesday 10 April, 4:05-5:40 PM: Practice 1
- Thursday 12 April, 4:05-5:40 PM: Practice 2
Season matches T.B.A.
Game Day Preparation
- Athletes should come to school with their personal gear and the team shorts. The league requires athletes to wear proper footwear and shin guards. Big Chicago Soccer League Rules and Regulations
- Athletes should be prepared for the weather, including the possibility of rain and cool temperatures. We encourage athletes to bring a jacket and pants to keep warm on the sidelines.
- If an athlete is carpooling with another family, our school requires a written permission note from the athlete's parent.
- Matches begin at 4:30 PM with the 5th-6th team playing first and the 7th-8th team to follow. Each game consists of two 25-minute periods.
- LaSalle will not provided transportation to either home or away matches. It is the responsibility of parents to arrange a ride for their child to and from all matches.
- On match days, there will be early dismissal from classes at 3:45 PM for the 5th-6th team and for 7th-8th siblings .
- We ask athletes to arrive at least 15 minutes before the beginning of each match for a quick warm up and a team meeting.
5th-6th Season Standing and Match Schedule
7th-8th Season Standing and Match Schedule
Practice Field and Match Locations
This season, we will be practicing at Lincoln Park and our home matches will be scheduled at Cricket Hill located on Lakefront Trail, Chicago, IL 60640.
Parking for Home Matches
Street parking is available on W. Montrose Ave.
Athlete, Parent, and Coach Expectations
- Coaches provide a fun learning environment.
- Coaches are prepared and on time for practices and matches.
- Coaches work towards the development of the team and each individual athlete.
- Coaches promote good sportsmanship and lead by example.
- Coaches hold athletes accountable for good sportsmanship and attendance at practices and matches.
- Coaches provide fair and honest feedback.
- Coaches maintain good communication with parents and athletes.
- Athletes exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Athletes are courteous and respectful of their teammates, coaches, officials, and opponents.
- Athletes arrive at practices and matches on time and with proper attire and equipment.
- Athletes work hard to help improve their soccer skills and understanding of the game.
- Athletes dedicate their full attention during practices and matches.
- Athletes carry exceptional grades while distinguishing themselves in sport.
- Parents exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Parents support the whole team by cheering "Go, LaSalle!", rather then singling out individual athletes.
- Parents refrain from yelling instructions from the sideline. We kindly ask parents to watch matches from the sideline opposite the athletes and coaching staff.
- Parents support and recognize the value and importance of LaSalle volunteers, coaching staff, league referees, and officials.
- Parents ensure that athletes are dropped off and picked up on time.
- Parents notify Mr. Choi via email if an athlete cannot attend a practice or match due to a conflict or emergency. Please contact us with enough time for us to make alternate arrangements.