Bell Elementary Counseling Program
Important Bell Counseling Updates (Updated 11/6/2019)
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the strike, GoCPS has extended the high school application deadline to December 13, 2019. Online applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on December 13th, and paper applications must be received by the Office of Access and Enrollment by 6 pm on December 13th. Paper applications must be hand-delivered or submitted via mail. Paper applications cannot be submitted via email, fax, or CPS mail run.
FOR GoCPS High School Application Process (also see High School Planning Tab)
1. The Activation process starts Monday, September 16th at 9 am.
2. Families will be able to create/activate their online GoCPS accounts beginning September 16th.
3. Students who do not have spring 2019 NWEA MAP scores will be administered the test during the BOY testing window, which closes October 4th. For Bell Students, the NWEA MAP test date is Thursday, September 19th and Friday, September 20th.
4. Eligibility Data Letters will be sent by the end of the month. Each eighth grader will receive a letter that contains their NWEA MAP scores, 7th grade final grades, and attendance from 7th grade, along with their Activation Code if they don't already have an account.
5. If families already have a GoCPS account, their student will not receive an Activation Code. In their Eligibility Letter, in the section where the code is normally listed, the letter will say "Not Applicable." Families can simply log into their account with the username and password they created. If you no longer have that code you can contact the Office of Access and Enrollment.
6. IMPORTANT: New Open House events are being added every day to the 'Dates and Events' page on GoCPS, as schools submit their information. Please check this page periodically for updated information. There is also a link on my website under High School Planning