Sprint is partnering with CPS to bring better home internet access to students across more than 60 CPS schools.
To help one million high school students who do not have reliable Internet access at home reach their full potential by giving them mobile devices and free high-speed Internet access.
All students are curious, want a bright future, and are willing to work hard. All students need and deserve the right tools to translate their efforts into meaningful outcomes.
In its first year, the 1Million Project Foundation connected 114,000 students in approximately 1,400 schools across 31 states. At the end of the 2018-19 school year, we provided high-speed mobile Internet access and devices to a total of 226,000 students at 1,900 schools in over 180 school districts in 33 states. In a survey of those who participated in the first year of the program, the vast majority of students (84%) said the 1Million Project made it easier for them to complete more of their homework in a comfortable, convenient, and safe place. Administrators (91%) reported improved attitudes toward learnings, as well as improved homework completion rates and school attendance among students
Benefits Eligible students at participating school districts will receive:
- A free smartphone or hotspot device.
- 10GB per month of free highspeed LTE data.
- Unlimited data is available at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 10GB in a month.
- Free hotspot capability on all devices and unlimited domestic calls/text on smartphones.
- Free, regularly updated Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) compliant content filter with every device.
- Wireless service for up to four years while in a participating high school