"Coweta Committed to Student Success"
Coweta County Schools Instructional Technology
If you have particular or specific training needs let us know! Meetings can be scheduled for before or after school, during planning, or here at Werz.
Student Help Page
DO your students need help with mastering the benefits of the G Suite? Would you like to see them utilize more tools that are available to them? Click HERE to access student driven videos, help documents, and detailed instructions on all of the G Suite tools.
UPDATED NEW EXTENSIONS, ADD-ONS, and EDUCATIONAL WEBSITES!!!
Check out some of these popular extensions, add-ons, and useful technology sites for your Google Apps for Education account. New tools are added daily so you can always explore the Chrome Web Store HERE
1. Shoutkey URL Shortener- CLICK HERE ShoutKey is the temporary url shortener that gives you a randomly chosen English word as the key for your URL. This makes it easy to share a URL in a non-electronic way, like telling your friend across the room or writing it on a whiteboard.
2. Rewordify- CLICK HERE Rewordify is powerful, free, online software that improves reading, learning, and teaching. This site can:
- Intelligently simplify difficult English, for faster comprehension
- Effectively teach words, for building a better vocabulary
- Help teachers save time and produce engaging lessons
- Help improve learning outcomes
3. StoryboardThat- CLICK HERE Allows students to make storyboards for digital storytelling. No more messy tri-boards or poster board projects. Stores can now be created and told digitally.
4. SafeshareTV- CLICK HERE Watch YouTube videos with all extra background videos and messages. You can also cut videos to only show a portion.
5. EDPUZZLE-CLICK HERE Take any Youtube video and cut it into pieces, add questions to the content of the video and even use it as an assessment tool.
6. Grammarly- Click HERE An easy to use spell checker and grammar checker all in one and FREE!
7. Cloud Convert- CLICK HERE Quickly and easily change formats for any files (doc. pdf. jpeg. etc..)
8. Add to Google Classroom- CLICK HERE Allows you to add anything you may find on the internet quickly to your google classroom page with one click
9. Draftback- CLICK HERE Draftback lets you play back the revision history of any Google Doc you have editing rights to. It is like going back in time to see how and when a document was revised and drafted. Curious if a student really typed that paper or cut and pasted it? Try it out!
Coweta is now registered as an official Google Reference School District!
In June of this year, Coweta was invited to apply to become an official Google Reference District. Google Applications for Education (GAFE) have become synonymous with districts across the globe that have transitioned to a more technological implementation of curriculum standards. Google for Education districts are districts that demonstrate excellence and leadership through the innovative use of technology, including the G Suite for Education and Chromebooks, to drive impact and positive learning outcomes. Benefits to being a member of the exclusive Reference District program include joining Google's trusted Tester program, having Coweta's "Story of Impact" shared on the Google for Education website, and the opportunity to share our experiences, successes, and learnings with the Google for Education tools within our community as well as being showcased nationally. In late June, Coweta was notified that we were accepted into the program and became only the second district in Georgia to earn this honor.
As part of the invitation-only application process, CCSS had to create a professional presentation explaining the ways we tackled the seven elements of transformation as defined by Google. These elements are:
- Training/Professional Development
- Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
- Funding and Sustainability
- Community Outreach
Highlights of Coweta's story of impact included details about our 1:1 initiative, our Chromebook roll-out, how we have addressed professional learning with all of the changes, and even how students who do not have access to the internet outside of the classroom can still benefit from the use of a personal Chromebook. Ellen Thomas of Winston Dowdell Academy and David Stanard of Arnco Sargeant Elementary were key players in completing the application and submission requirements.
Click https://goo.gl/N9XQsC to view the "Story of Impact" for Coweta County. This honor and the distinguished title were only possible by the hard work of all teachers in Coweta Schools and their ongoing commitment to 21st-century classrooms. Congratulations to all Coweta County schools, teachers, and administrators!
Students in Coweta Schools are engaged in rich, authentic learning experiences.