Mrs. Apsley's Website
Attention Science Students Grades 2nd-8th
FROM TAMAR IN THE LIBRARY: DO NOT MAKE COPIES OF THE RIPPED PAGES BY FEEDING THEM INTO THE COPIER! IT RUINS THE COPY MACHINE> YOU HAVE THE ONLINE EDITION OF THE BOOK! Also, you can also do the posted alternate assignments. You don't need the pages.
STEPS to access the ONLINE EDITION OF THE BOOK
1. Google the following: “sign in Ed your friend in learning” click on the first link that pops up.
2. You will be asked to select District or Independent school. You will select independent school.
3. You need to select the state: California
4. You need to select the school. You will select our old name: Camptonville Academy, 95901
5. You will now click “NEXT”
6. Your user name is the first letter of your last name and your first legal name. If my legal name is Alexandra Mayfield. My user name would be “malexandra”. The username should be all one word and all lower cases.
7. The password for everybody is science4core no spaces, all lower case letters.
8. After you log on you will select your program: Regardless of your grade the Monday classes work with the second grade text book; all my Wednesday classes work with the 5th grade text book; all my Thursday classes work under the 8th grade text book.
Why am I using only 8th and 5th grade for 4th-8th? This year we have moved toward an integrated approach to science. We used to divide science by topic (4th grade was topics from beginning physical science and earth science; 5th grade was topics from beginning life science; 6th was Earth Science, 7th grade Life Science, 8th Physical Science). We are now working on all topics every year. I have chosen 5th and 8th because these two are the most comprehensive books (reason being they are years that the kids actually test on science). The books only provide a basic blueprint – we will be doing different activities that are not in the book. Science classes are different every year, even if the book is the same.