Assistive Technology Teacher Resources
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY TEACHER RESOURCES
This is a professional resource page to help teachers provide students with access to independent reading and writing tasks.
How to Turn on Chromebook Accessibility Features
You can make your student's Chromebook easier to use by turning on accessibility features that work best for his or her needs.
Step 1: Find accessibility features
- Click your account photo or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Click Settings .
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- In the "Accessibility" section, click Manage accessibility features.
Step 2: Turn on a feature
Choose the accessibility features you'd like to use:
- Text-to-Speech: Turn on the screen reader or Select-to-speak
- Display: High contrast mode, screen magnifier, screen resolution, text size
- Keyboard: Sticky keys, on-screen keyboard, highlighting, keyboard repeat rate, word prediction
- Mouse and touchpad: Automatic clicking, tap dragging, large cursor (and change its size), cursor highlighting
- Audio: Play all sounds together through all speakers
Chromebook Apps and Extensions for Learners with Dyslexia
Open the pdf below to click on the tiles and learn more.