For Schools, NPOs, Community Groups
Curriculum Design by Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Needs assessment, design of pilot lessons, syllabi, teacher training
- Development of content-based, shelter courses for universities
- PBL, STEM instruction, Maker Education for international schools
- Transition to content-/task-based learning for language schools
- Analysis of standards implementation, supplier performance
For Private Sector and Government Groups
Consulting on Project Management, Aligned with PMBOK® Guide
- Development and delivery of custom training
- PMO audit, benchmarking, advice on using PMBOK® Guide
- Design of instruction in leadership/soft skills for project managers
- Introduction to agile project organization and management
- Executive coaching, tutoring for project sponsors, program managers
In any sector, on any scale, all of our services are designed for and with our clients.
Cogent Language strongly supports the expansion of project-based learning (PBL) in all of our communities. To this end, we are generally happy to provide one or more hours of free consultation (in English) for Japanese public schools, NGO's, NPO's, and community organizations, regarding the fit of PBL to their unique challenges. For organizations and people wishing to do PBL anywhere in the world, Cogent Language offers news, inspiration, and curriculum design ideas on our Pinterest® site.
Pricing for our service offerings is always negotiable. That said, prices tend to be highly dependent on the economic sector of the client, and to vary, of course, with the nature of the work and length of engagement. Pure consulting, for example, will tend to be priced lower than engagements that include the design of work products, and/or scheduled, customized services, such as pilot programs. Long-term engagements will be priced lower.
Below, pro forma fees for one (1) hour of service are set out, assuming pure consulting in a short engagement. (We are happy to discuss firm fixed price contracting as well, when the scope of work is well-defined.)
- Public Schools/NGO/NPO/Community Organizations
¥0 - ¥5,000
- Privately Owned Schools/Government Agencies/Small and Medium Sized Companies (中小企業事業)
- Large, Private Sector Organizations
“Dan greatly propelled a key project when he provided consulting to my team on building a collaborative High Performance Organization .... In particular he introduced new (to us) thinking on Communities of Practice and Organizational Learning in combination with performance management that recognizes what he framed for us as Account-building Communicative Tasks (ACTs).”
Innovation, Quality, Productivity Champion, Novartis Pharma K.K. August, 2008