For the PMP®
Cogent Language has been approved as a Registered Education Provider by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMI is the world’s largest project management member association.
In 2017, PMI published its sixth edition of the PMBOK® Guide. This newest edition added the PMI Talent Triangle™ and a host of other innovations, many informed by the agile mindset. Since March 2018, PMI has based its Project Management Professional (PMP)® and other certifications on this edition.
R.E.P. ID: 4704
In connection with these milestones, many participants in Cogent Language programs, along with most of our corporate clients, have requested that we offer some courses aligned to the PMI Talent Triangle with PDU’s pre-approved by PMI. In response to this demand, Cogent Language recently applied to PMI in order to become a Registered Education Provider. R.E.P.s are organizations approved by PMI to help project managers achieve and maintain the Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Program Management Professional (PgMP)® and other PMI professional credentials.
Cogent Language is both honored and very pleased to announce that PMI has approved its application, effective August 1, 2018. We have met PMI’s rigorous quality criteria for course content, instructor qualification, and instructional design. This enables us to award PDU’s for successful completion of certain of our classes. It also enables completers to apply the PDU’s awarded toward their certification (or re-certification) requirements in an appropriate fashion.
We are already able to award pre-approved PDU’s for our PMP® Examination Prep course (outlined below). We hope to be able to award credits for other courses of ours as well, later this quarter. Check back soon!
- 2 Leadership PDUs for all PMI credentials
- 2 Strategic and Business Management PDUs for all PMI credentials
- 19 Technical Project Management PDUs for Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Program Management Professional (PgMP)® credential holders
- 2 Technical Project Management PDUs for the following credential holders
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
- Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®