The Official Journalism and Mixed Media Website of
Coastal Leadership Academy
Run by Students, for Students
CLA Times strives to responsibly inform and entertain students and the school community at large.
To this end, the following are the specific goals of the journalism students.
1. To publish news, announcements, results, opinions and reviews of interest and importance to students, staff and parents.
2. To maintain the highest ethical standards with regard to journalistic fairness, personal and legal rights, responsibilities and accuracy.
3. To provide a forum for free and responsible expression of student opinion in order to foster thought, discussion and understanding in the school community.
4. To achieve excellence in the technical aspects of journalistic writing (including grammar, clarity and accuracy), photography, videography and graphic design.
5. To produce first-rate publications by setting and meeting deadlines, working together as a responsible, accountable team and acting professionally at all times.
6. To have fun.