MPHS Student Services
We are glad that you are here and hope that you will find the shared information useful. Below, you will find our department's vision and mission statements. Please take some time to read them over and it is our hope that we can work together for the betterment of all our students and families. Thank you and GO MUSTANGS!
The Myers Park School Counselors will advocate for all students to obtain an equitable education in which students will become engaged life long learners.
The Myers Park School Counselors exist to provide all students with a comprehensive school counseling program focused on enhancing academic, career and personal/social growth. Counselors will collaborate with stakeholders, including teachers, administrators and parents to assist students in reaching their full potential to function in a global society.
The counselors at Myers Park High School believe:
- Each student has individual talents and needs.
- All students have dignity, worth and potential to achieve and become contributing members of society.
- That embracing the diversity of the MPHS student body enriches the educational experience for the entire school community.
- As counselors we should advocate for all students while encouraging them to be active participants in their educations success.
- All students should have access to a comprehensive, developmental counseling program which is designed and implemented by counselors, based on the diverse needs of MPHS students as identified by data.
- All students should have access to state certified counselors who abide by ASCA ethical standards and are committed to continuous professional growth.
- Best practices include collaboration with teachers, parents/guardians, support staff, administrators and community representatives.
- Counselors in partnership with the advisory council should annually evaluate the school counseling community.