IB SOPHOMORE Course Registration
Rising sophomores will continue working on the IB Middle Years Program (MYP). Goals are to finish through Math 3 and through world language level 3 by the end of tenth grade. At the bottom of this page you will find a registration card for your reference.
IB 10th graders MUST take the following courses
- IBMYP/Honors English II (A/B day)
- IBMYP/Honors Civics and Economics (A/B day)
- IBMYP/Honors Chemistry and/or IBMYP/Honors Physics (A/B day)
- One additional A/B day course so that the number of A/B day courses is an even number
- The appropriate next Math course(s)- see notes below
- The appropriate next World Language course(s)- see notes below
- Up to two additional courses so that the student has eight total
- Students need to have taken an arts or design focused course in 9th or 10th grade
The course(s) that a student selects for 10th grade math is dependent on what math the student took in 9th grade and what sort of grade they earned. Use the information below to decide what is appropriate.
Keep in mind that the goal is for students to be finished with Math 3 by the end of 10th grade, so in some classes students will have to take two levels of math in one school year to reach that goal.