IB FRESHMAN- Course Registration
Registration for incoming ninth grade classes will take place in early February, there will be a registration info session on Wednesday, January 23 and an IB info session focused on registration on January 29. Below is some general information about how courses are scheduled for IB freshmen.
IB 9th graders MUST take-
- IBMYP/Honors English I
- IBMYP World History (or AP World History- description below)
- IBMYP Biology
- IBMYP Health/PE
- Honors Math 1 (or the appropriate next level to the math studied in 8th grade)
- IBMYP World Language 1 (or the appropriate next level to the language studied in 8th grade)
- Two additional courses, options include (but are not limited to):
- IBMYP Earth and Environmental Science
- Visual or Performing Arts course
- Career and Technical Education courses
World Language Options
What world language course a 9th grader takes is also dependent upon the courses taken in the 8th grade. The goal is for IB students to have completed World Language 3 by the end of their 10th grade year. If the student has not taken World Language 1 in middle school, or would like to take a different language at East Meck, then they will have to take two levels of language (1 - 2 or 2 - 3) in one school year.