In today's competitive world, CMR Institute of Technology has taken up several initiatives to be a globally recognized institute. CMRIT strongly believes that its faculty is the core of this pursuit. The knowledge of its faculty and the activities carried out by them would determine the outcomes in terms of its students' competence and placements. These, in turn, would also decide CMRIT's ability to serve the cause of the society through its engineering and management expertise.
Along with excellence in teaching, the faculty at CMRIT pursue research, consultancy, projects, innovation and entrepreneurship (RCPIE). The ‘centers of excellence' and the ‘innovation and entrepreneurship cell ‘are the main hubs to carry out these activities. The institute level research committee (RC) along with departmental level research committees (DRC) oversee these activities and encourage faculty and students to build up their knowledge and skills.
The Research Committee meets on a regular basis to chalk up plans for various initiatives to ensure consistent progress in the various activities undertaken by students and teachers. In the past year the following are some of the initiatives, which resulted out of brainstorming in the RC Meetings
- Formation of DRC(Department Research Committee) and assigning on the responsibilities.
- Establishment of Centers of Excellence in the futuristic areas of research.
- Schemes for distribution of faculty workload to balance teaching and research output. Categorizing core faculty activities into RCPIE (Research, Consultancy, Projects, Innovation, Entrepreneurship)
- Decision on the list journals of good quality considered acceptable for faculty publication.
- Decision to hold periodic CoE Demo and Department Mega Project updates to track progress of work.