Center of Excellence
Machine Intelligence and Big Data
To be a nationally recognized, and self sustaining research & development center for innovative research and consulting in Machine Intelligence and Big Data, and also for the advancement of academics, industry and society.
To prepare students and researchers to excel in latest tools, technologies, and techniques in Machine Intelligence and Big Data, and for solving real world problems.
Machine Intelligence and Big Data Team
- The center of excellence for Machine Learning and Big Data organised a session on "Hadoop Installation:Creating a Single Node Cluster" on 12-02-2018 at the Department of CSE, CMRIT.
- The center of excellence for Machine Learning and Big Data organised a session on "Creating a Multi Node Cluster and HDFS commands" on 16-02-2018 at the Department of CSE, CMRIT.
- A Hands on session on Hadoop and HDFS was conducted on 21-03-2018 ,12.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. at the Department of MCA, CMRIT. The session was conducted by Mr. Shyam Sundar L.B . Around 80 students from the Department of MCA participated in the session.
Center of Excellence Objectives
CEO1: To develop the Center towards an Internationally recognised research body in the following areas based on special interest groups:
- Database, Data-Mining
- Machine Learning, Image processing, Information security
- Computer networks, Mobile/Cloud Computing,Wireless Sensor Networks
CEO2: To support Institute -Industry collaboration (e.g. consultancy and technology/knowledge transfer) with domestic and international companies
CEO3: To form Industrial Advisory Group(IAG) to bridge the gap between academics and industry
CEO4: To perform joint research projects with other recognized institutes, form network of researchers and exchange visits
CEO5: To create research environment by providing opportunities by guiding research students for Masters and PhDs
CEO6: To intensify an interdisciplinary approach for the advancement in research and aims at establishing collaboration with leading International Research Centers in Health Informatics, Financial Management, Automobile industry, Agricultural sector
CEO7: To collaborate with other Centers of Excellence at an Institute level
Machine learning is an interdisciplinary discipline with an objective to build systems that match human cognitive tasks such as classification of objects in a photograph, natural language understanding, and predicting using experience in the form of data. On the other hand, Big Data technologies offer storage and processing of a variety of data in high volume at high speed.
The Center of Excellence for Machine Intelligence and Big Data has been established under the CMRIT’s Departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, and MCA. The Center provides infrastructure and research environment for both students and teachers. It provides training for the final year students for their final year projects and placements. Teachers can pursue PhD in the areas related to Machine learning and Big data. The Center aims to be a thought leader and pioneer in advancing innovative methods and applications for both Machine Learning and Big Data.
Dr. Jhansi Rani P (Head of COE)
Professor and Head of Department,CSE
Area of interest : Cryptography, Algorithms, Big Data and Analytics,Cloud Computing and Machine Learning Web link: https://sites.google.com/a/cmrit.ac.in/dr-jhansi-rani-p/?pli=1
Dr. P V Reddy (Co-ordinator,COE)
Professor ,Department of CSE
Area of interest : Rigorous methods for software engineering, OO Methodologies, Deduction methods for temporal logics, Semantic Web, and Machine Learning Applications
Dr. Paras Nath Singh
Professor ,Department of CSE
Area of interest : OOT, Big-Data, Image Processing, Mutant Functions
Dr. Deepa Anand
Professor ,Department of ISE
Area of interest : Recommender Systems, Natural Language Processing, Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis and Legal Data Mining.
Mrs. Apurva Kulkarni Joshi
Asst. Professor ,Department of CSE
Area of interest : C Programming, Data Structures, Network Security And Machine Learning
Web link: https://sites.google.com/a/cmrit.ac.in/apurva-kulkarni-joshi/
Ms. Mariet Susanna Furtado
Asst. Professor ,Department of CSE
Area of interest : Data Structures and Algorithms, Digital Image Processing, Distributed Systems
4 Desktops with the configuration given below:
- 1TB Hard disk.
- 16GB/32GB RAM.
- 64 bit Linux based OS.
- CPU clock speed: 2.7GHz.
- Big screen dispaly monitors.
- 6 Head Sets.
- 1 Speaker set.
- External Hard disk.
Tools and Technologies:
- Apache Hadoop
- Spark, YARN
- Tensor Flow
- Data Bricks License
- Amazon Cloud account
- Keyed Hash Function using Bernoulli Shift Map, International Journal of Information and Computer Security, June 2017
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis with Different Feature Extractors and Dimensionality Reduction using Supervised Learning Algorithms, IEEE International Conference INDICON-2016, Bangalore, 2016
- Bernoulli Keyed Hash Function for Authenticating the data over Virtual Private Network, ACM International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies, Publications in Conference proceedings by ACM – ICPS, 2016
- Pseudo Random Bit Generator using Logistic and Bernoulli Maps, ACM International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies, Publications in Conference proceedings by ACM – ICPS, 2016
- Bernoulli Keyed hash function for authenticating the data over Virtual Private Network Proceedings of IEEE International Conference MicroCom 2016, NIT Durgapur
- Swetha Gadde, Dr. Paras Nath Singh, “Enhance Data Security Protection for Data Sharing in Cloud Storage System”, November 17 Volume 3 Issue 11 , International Journal on Future Revolution in Computer Science & Communication Engineering (IJFRSCE), PP: 447 – 450
- Anand Motwani, Sayyed Qudsiya Naaz, Dr. P. N. Singh, and Prof. Jyoti Sondhi, “Adaptive Load Detection Technique for Effective Virtual Machine Consolidation”, International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering, ISSN No. (Online): 2277-2626, 5(1): 9-14(2016)
- Prof. Anand Motwani, Amber Agrawal, Dr. P. N. Singh, Prof. Anurag Shrivastava “Novel Framework for Browser Compatibility Testing of a Web Application using Selenium”, (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 6 (6) , 2015, 5159-5162
- Dr. Paras Nath Singh, Prof. Anand Motwani & Prabhat Pandey “Cyber-bullying – Horrors, Analysis & Remedies in India” International Journal of Research in IT & Management ISSN(o): 2231-4334, ISSN(p): 2349-6517, Volume 5, Issue 11 (November 2015)
- Shrinibas Patnaik, Rupalin Nanda, Dr. Paras Nath Singh “Transmutations of Images – By Genetic Algorithm” International journal of IT & Engineering, ISSN: 2321-1776, Vol.03 Issue-04, (Apr, 2015)
- Dr. Paras Nath Singh, Er. Prathima Addanki, Er. Kumar Anand, Er. H. K. panigrahi “Calculating Total Harmonic Distortion by Measuring Sine Wave”, International journal of IT & Engineering, ISSN: 2321-1776, Vol.03 Issue-02, (February, 2015) pp 107-112
- M. Farida Begam & Gopinath Ganapathy,(2016), "Personalized learning management system using semantic web based learning style detection." Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, JCPS Oct – Dec 2016 Volume 9 Issue 4 1837-1842. ISSN: 0974- 2115(Scopus Indexed, SCIMago Journal Rank)
- M.Farida Begam & Gopinath Ganapathy (2016), “Semantic Web based Learning Style Detection for Personalized Learning Management System”, NICESM 2016, Feb 26-29, 2016(Accepted for SCOPUS indexed Journal)
- Segmentation of Tumors from Lung CT images using Random Walker & Watershed Algorithm, International Journal on Recent Researches in Science, Engineering & Technology (Vol. 3, Issue 4, April 2015)
The project aims to provide a single solution to two problems. One among them being, addressing human animal conflict and poaching in and around protected areas and other being monitoring of human and animal activities in protected areas.
Dramatic increases in human-large mammal conflict in recent years results from an exponential increase in human populations. Ever expanding human pressure in India has caused a decline in many large mammalian species through the loss of habitat for agriculture, livestock grazing , poaching for trade etc.Poaching is a major problem for wildlife managers across the world. Shortage of human resources esp. the field staff and scarce availability of logistics and resources make wildlife preservation a daunting task. Hence we seek to develop a user friendly application for wildlife managers and field level staffs to record and communicate the field level information during patrolling and surveillance movements in the forest. The wildlife sightings, deaths, wild life crime and ecological observations, human presence can be recorded with GPS coordinates while patrolling. The patrol routes of forest guards can be recorded using the mobile application.Hence the wildlife managers can take precaution for reducing the managing the activities and controlling poaching in those prioritized area.