Mrs. Jackson's Classroom
THIS WEEK IN ROOM 26 ... May 27, 2019
Sixth Grade End of Year Activities ...
- Wednesday, May 29 - Block BR Awards, 6:30 p.m. (MPR) - Nice Dress Attire
- Monday, June 3 - Yearbook Dedication, 8:45 a.m.; Character & Academic Awards, 9 a.m. (MPR) - all invited; Yearbook Signing Party, 2 p.m. (MPR) - students
- Tuesday, June 4 - Code Reward Swim Day, 9:30 a.m. (CN Pool) - for all students with LESS THAN five codes for the second semester
- Wednesday, June 5 - Wild Water Adventures, All Day (Wild Water) - PICK UP AT 4 P.M. (BR) - there is no rec bus that day
- Thursday, June 6 - Sixth Grade Video/Slideshow, 1:45 p.m. (MPR) - students
- Friday, June 7 - Talent Show, 8:30 a.m. (MPR); Sixth Grade BBQ, 10 a.m. (Harlan Ranch Park)
Last Call for Photos for Sixth Grade Video
Deadline Extension - Thursday, May 30 - ALL PHOTOS DUE
Every year, the sixth grade team puts together a tribute video to the graduating class to celebrate the major milestone of leaving elementary school and going on to junior high. In order for this to be put together, we need your help. Please send any pictures of your sixth graders and their friends to Mrs. Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Sixth Grade Video/Slideshow. Pictures attached in an email are fine but please no more than a few pictures at a time. If you have more than 10-15 images to share, please copy them to a flash drive and I will copy them to our own folders. We love group pictures, athletics, awards, class parties, Sonora trip, movie nights, dances, carnival, and/or any and all goofy pictures of your students with friends, teachers, and coaches. Pictures of BR school related/functions are recommended please! If you have a few of when they were younger (like kindergarten or first grade) at BR, we would love to use those photos to embarrass them - all in good spirit of course! Baby pictures? Sure ... just make sure they are labeled with your child’s name and the images are appropriate. DEADLINE EXTENSION: Pictures will be accepted now through Thursday, May 30. The Sixth Grade Video takes place the last week of school in the afternoon (students only). We have arranged in years’ past to share the video with parents as soon as the students have viewed it. So please stay tuned for more information on that. Any questions, please let me know!
May 29 - *GR Sports Physical Night, 5:30-8 p.m. (CN Small Gym) - SEE ATTACHED FLYER - Complete forms online ahead of time. MUST BRING $25 CASH TO THE PHYSICAL. *Unfortunately, this is scheduled the same time as Block BR Awards.
This Week in Curriculum
THIS WEEK IN ROTATIONS (Rotations have concluded)
Social Studies: No more social studies assignments
Science: No more science assignments
Technology: No more technology assignments