The Mustang Academy
Clifton High School- 333 Colfax Avenue, Clifton, New Jersey 07013
Susan E. Schnepf, Vice Principal – East Wing- 973-591-6829
Welcome to the
Clifton High School Mustang Academy!
***IMPORTANT PARENT INFORMATION***
WHAT IS PARENT PORTAL AND HOW TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Clifton High School offers all parents and/or guardians the opportunity to access their child’s school-related data such as grades, progress reports, and attendance by using the Internet.
- Parent Portal Directions:
- 1. Please log on to the District website: www.clifton.k12.nj.us You must have a USERNAME and PASSWORD. If you do not, please call 973-470-2279 (Data Processing Dept.) to secure both.
- 2. Look for the PARENT PORTAL TAB.
- 3. Click on it and the PORTAL opens.
- 4. The PORTAL CODE always remains 0900106672.
- 5. Once you have secured a password and username, you may view your report card, attendance and progress reports.
***REMINDER TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS***
- Please remember to share your updated contact information and records with the school: email addresses, phone numbers, mailing address, emergency contacts and medical records or concerns.
- Any contact updates should be returned to your students' assigned guidance counselor. For guidance questions or concerns, refer to the Guidance and Counseling Webpage: https://sites.google.com/a/cliftonschools.net/chsguidance/
- Updated medical information, please forward to the CHS Clinic. Any medical questions, please call:
*** IMPORTANT PARENT NOTICE ***
Please keep students home from school if they are ill.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fever greater than 100 degrees. Students need to be fever free (without medication) for 24 hours to return to school.
- Vomiting and severe diarrhea. Students need to go 24 hours without vomiting or diarrhea to return to school.
- If your child has been out of school and had been seen by a physician at their pediatricians, emergency room, clinic, etc. please send a note with permission to return to school and keep the nurse updated on your child’s health.
- If your child is permitted to return to school but needs to take a prescription during the school day, a parent may bring the clearly labeled bottle to the nurse to be administered. The doctor’s order must accompany any request for medication in school.
Thank you for your attention to this issue.
Mrs. Vickie Beck, MS, BSN, NJ-CSN, Supervisor of Nurses / 504 Coordinator for Clifton Public Schools
CHS Freshmen Rise to the Occasion
Congratulations Marianela Pina de La Hoz (Freshman) and Yusuf Suharno (Freshman) who have recently been named to the CHS Academic Decathlon (2017-2018) roster. The CHS team will compete at the Academic Decathlon Regional Competition against 50 schools from around the state. CHS Academic Decathlon Advisor, Matthew Stuart pointed out, “they are the first Freshmen EVER to be named to the ‘CHS ACADECA’ roster and both students have more than held their own against upperclassmen!”
Mustang Academy News, Announcements and Activities (2017 - 2018)
- Tuesday, September 19th, 2017
- Student team name vote
- Club Fair in the Upper Gym during lunch periods
- Back to School Night- meet and greet in the Media Center (7PM - 9PM)
- Monday, October 9th, 2017- Field Day- re-scheduled due to rain
- Monday, October 9th, 2017- Respect Activity- Social Studies classes
- Wednesday, October 11th, 2017- McFarland USA Presentation and Activities
- Thursday, October 12th, 2017- Freshmen Elections
- Friday, October 13th, 2017- Vendor Fair (2:30PM - 5PM)
- Friday, October 20th, 2017- Surprise Pizza Party- a part of the bi-weekly student incentive drawings
- Tuesday, October 24th, 2017- CHS Open House (7PM - 9PM)
- Thursday, October 26th, 2017- Halloween Extravaganza (6PM - 8PM)
- Saturday, November 11th, 2017- Veteran's Day- Honoring All Veterans
- Friday, December 1st, 2017- Academic Aces Breakfast- MP 1 (Period 1)
- Friday, December 22nd, 2017- Freshmen Holiday Activities- Volleyball Tournament
- Thursday, January 25th, 2018- Freshmen Team Building Activities
- Monday, February 12th- Friday, February 16th, 2018- "Reverse Week"- Students present Faculty with Incentive Tickets
- Friday, February 16th, 2018- Academic Aces Breakfast- MP 2 (Period 1)
- Tuesday, February 13th, 2018- Back to School Night- Parent Conferences (6:30PM - 8:30PM)
- Thursday, March 22nd, 2018- Motivational Speaker- Mike Fowlin Presentation
- Thursday, March 29th, 2018- Spring Sports Pep Rally
- Friday, April 27th, 2018- Academic Aces Breakfast- MP 3 (Period 1)
Mustang Academy Reverse Week
1. The week of February 12th, students will be given the opportunity to recognize staff members with Mustang GTs.
2. Students will receive “Reverse GTs” on Monday 2/12/2018.
3. Students will fill out the back of the tickets / distribute to specific staff members (Tuesday - Thursday).
4. Students should present "Reverse GTs" to adults in the building (teachers, secretaries, resource officers, custodians, cafeteria staff, counselors, administrators, etc.) who have been helpful, caring, or important to them this school year.
5. Students, must tell the adult why they are giving them the ticket (e.g., “Thanks for helping me in math when I got stuck”).
6. Winning "Reverse GTs" tickets will be drawn at the Academy Aces Breakfast Friday, February 16th.
Mustang Academy Spirit Wear Sale
- Spirit wear the Mustang Academy has in stock!
- All orders must be paid in cash.
- Return order forms to East Wing VP Office.
Class of 2021 Fundraiser
The Class of 2021 is selling spirit wear!
- Choose from a T-shirt, pullover hooded sweatshirt, and a polo shirt with the option to put your last name on the back of T-shirt and hooded sweatshirt for an additional $5.
- The polo shirt will feature (the left chest) Clifton Mustang emblem as well as a "21" on the shirt sleeve.
- All orders must be paid in cash.
- Return order forms to East Wing VP Office or to E114 by MARCH 6th.