Credentials and work experience:
I have worked in the Early Childhood Department for 31 years. I have an Associates degree in Early Childhood. I am CPR and First Aid certified. I have also received training in several pertinent areas including 1 2 3 Magic, Handwriting Without Tears, Everyday Math, Reggio, Conscious Discipline and High Scope.
Five things about me:
- I have lived in Clarkston for 57 years
- I married my CHS sweetheart and we have been married for 41 years
- We have 4 awesome kids and 7 wonderful grandkids. Our oldest grandson just graduated from CHS. We love Clarkston!
- My husband and I love to travel. We have been to all but 3 states in the US, and have traveled out of the country twice.
- My motto is Kindness Brings Kindness. All you need to do is ask one of my grandkids, What does Nonnie say?
What I love most about my profession:
I love everything about my job, from the daily hugs and cuddles, to teaching them how good it feels to be kind. Watching their faces light up when they sort, count, build a tower that is as tall as they are, or write their name is such a joy. Yes, I can say I truly love everything about my job, from the kids, to my coworkers, and our ECC administrators. I am truly blessed to work at ECC. Thank you for sharing your kids with us!