My credentials and work experience:
I attended Central Michigan University and completed my Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood. I taught for five and a half years in West Bloomfield’s 3 & 4 year old preschool program. I also was the music teacher for those early childhood programs. Then I became a stay at home mom for 8 ½ years to my loving sons Landon and Easton. I also explored independent sales during those years away from teaching. In 2014 I returned to teaching at Clarkston Early Childhood Center and have been teaching traditional 3’s and 4’s since then.
Five things I would like you to know about me:
- Family time is important to me! I married my highschool sweetheart and we have two wonderful sons, Landon (12) and Easton (10). Plus a cat named Loki.
- I was born and raised in Charlotte, MI...located 20 minutes south of Lansing.
- My boys both participate in Travel Hockey and I love every moment watching them on the ice.
- Fall is my favorite season because of the smell in the air and the beautiful colors all around.
- One of our family activities we enjoy doing together is downhill skiing/snowboarding!
What I love most about my profession:
Being able to see the growth of each child throughout the school year is what I love most about my profession. Children are like sponges at this age and can learn so much in such little time. To see that and be a part of their growth is wonderful. Another liking to being a teacher is being able to listen to the amazing stories the children bring to the classroom each day. Children do say the darndest things.