Credentials and work experience:
This is my first year at Clarkston Early Childhood Center! I did one of my student teaching requirements at Independence Elementary in a kindergarten classroom with Mrs. Chamberlain! I knew I wanted to be a part of the Clarkston Community after that. I graduated at Western Michigan University in Early Childhood Education last April. I consider myself extremely lucky to be a part of the Clarkston Community like I dreamed and I look forward to my years to come at Clarkston Early Childhood Center!
Five things about me:
- I come from a tight knit family. I am one of four kids. I have an older sister, younger sister, and younger brother. We are all very close to one another and to our extended family! I love spending time with all my family members.
- I have three dogs that are all my little loves. A 14-year old yellow Labrador, Jake. A six-year old Husky/Alaskan Malamute, named Lilly (my family rescued her so we are not really sure!). Lastly, our newest member at three-year old, a Chocolate Labrador named Gunner!
- My favorite season is Fall! I love watching the leaves change and the smell of the crisp air.
- In all my free time, I love reading books! Especially books that have been turned into movies so I can compare the two. The book is ALWAYS better!
- One of my favorite children authors is Dr. Seuss! I love how exciting he makes reading and the colorful pictures he pairs with it.
What I love most about my profession:
What I love most about my profession is that every day is a new and exciting. I love that every day is different from the one before. The flexibility I have to teach what the students are interested in and making learning fun allows them to enjoy school and learning!