Credentials and work experience:
I have worked in Kids Connection at Independence Elementary since 2002. I have a degree in Optometry and worked in a hospital in Columbia for 11 years where my practice was mostly dedicated to treating children.
Five things about me:
- I was born in Bogota, Colombia, (S.A)
- I moved to Michigan in 2000 to improve my English.
- I married in 2001 and became a citizen in 2006.
- I have a stepdaughter and 2 step granddaughters.
- I love dogs and have a Samoyed. He loves kids and has visited the school.
What I love most about my profession:
I love having the opportunity to see how the kids develop from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Knowing I am providing a safe and friendly environment for the kids to grow, have fun, learn to socialize, and be themselves is so rewarding. The best part of all, is when they visit after leaving the school and have fond memories of their time in the program. I truly enjoy being around kids. Their energy is contagious.