Welcome to the Barrow Library
The vision of the David C. Barrow Elementary Media Center is to be a library flowing with innovation, collaboration, curiosity, adaptability, critical inquiry, and transliteracy.
The mission of the David C. Barrow Elementary Media Center is to offer forward-thinking instruction, space, and programming that develops innovative leaders who create content that reaches a global audience.
The David C. Barrow Elementary Media Center is grounded in the beliefs that:
- Locating, organizing, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing, and ethically using information is a crucial piece of being a responsible, digital citizen.
- Reading is a window to the world which can be experienced in a variety of formats for pleasure or growth.
- Creating information and story is just as important as consuming information and story.
- Access to information and story across multiple platforms is essential to learning.
- Technology is a pathway to a global audience.
- A collaborative of expertise is present in every environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability are important both in physical space and learning opportunities.
- Persisting through challenges strengthens understanding and confidence.
- Reflection and self assessment promote excellence.