LISTEN to 365 Bible Podcasts
Also on this page: podcast player apps
Listen to the whole Bible in 365 24-minute-long podcasts. Each podcast contains all three passages for that day in the 3D reading plan. I (Phil) give a brief introduction before reading each portion, giving background information and reminding you what we read in the previous episodes. Each podcast ends with a short prayer which I hope will help start you out in your personal prayers. Complete recordings are available covering the whole NLT and GNT Bibles.
You can start on any day!
If you subscribe to the Daily Bible Reading Podcast using a podcast app, after starting with day 001, your next episode (002) will normally be delivered to you automatically.
You can subscribe to the two podcasts above in many streaming services and apps!
- Important note: Some podcast aggregator apps only keep track of 200 episodes. If you subscribe within the first 200 days of the year, you should be able to start at episode 001.
- In case your podcast app doesn't have the day number that you want, you can always find everything at dailybiblereading.info or by using our dedicated Android Daily Bible Reading app. (See below.)
I have only been able to compile this information for Android apps.
- AntenaPod This is the podcast app that I am using daily right now. It only remembers the last 100 podcasts available. It shows episode notes nicely formatted. It also has nice speed controls. I like to listen at 1.10 speed for Bible and news podcasts. I find 1.25 too fast. This app is not as full-featured as Podcast Addict and Cast Box. Does not show ads.
- Cast Box This is a fully-featured podcast app. It is easy to find and subscribe to podcasts. It shows all 451 available episodes for the Daily GNT Bible Reading Podcast. The episode notes are nicely formatted. And you can adjust playing speed in increments of 10 percent. (1.10 is my favorite.) This program is a winner, but it plays distracting video ads while you listen. If you don't watch the screen while listening, you won't be bothered.
- DBRP app This app is a dedicated that only plays the podcasts found in the dailybiblereading.info site. No ads in this app, of course! See information below. Episode notes are perfectly formatted. Playback speed can only be incremented in increments of .5. For me 1.5 speed is way too fast for listening to God's Word. But this is a great player for ease of use, since it is special for just playing the Daily Bible Reading Podcast. For GNT episodes, search for the first episode you want, and afterward the app will remember where you are in the list. See below for more information.
- iHeartRadio has all the issues for the dailybiblereading.info podcast site. Daily releases of the NLT will be at the top. To see GNT episodes, you will need to scroll down a couple of years-worth of episodes. After you listen to one the app will remember your place in list. The episode notes are shown just like I formatted them. iHeartRadio does not have duplicate GNT episodes like the dailyGNTbiblereading.info site, but does have all the issues if you search for them. It would probably be easier to use this service if you want to listen to the NLT podcasts.
- Pandora It is easy to subscribe by typing in the podcast name. All the issues are available. The episode notes are easy to find, but are an unformatted blob of text.
- Pocket Cast This player only remembers the last 200 episodes. I haven't been able to get it to find the Daily GNT series of podcasts. The episode notes show as a blob of unformatted text.
- Podcast Addict I have never seen a fuller featured podcast player. Episode notes are easy to find and nicely formatted. You can configure more than just the speed of playback in this app. It only remembers the last 100 podcasts. It was easy to find and subscribe to my podcasts.
- Podcast Guru I could easily find and subscribe to podcasts. This player only remembers the last 100 episodes. Episode notes are nicely formatted.
- Podbean You can easily subscribe by searching for Daily Bible Reading or Daily GNT Bible Reading. Only the last 200 episodes are available. Paragraph breaks in the episode notes are displayed, but not bold formatting. I find it rather hard to display the episode notes.
- Spotify It is easy to find both of my podcasts using the Spotify app. All the back episodes in the catalog are available. The episode notes show as a blob of unformatted text. I don't find any controls for playback speed.
- Stitcher remembers 250 past episodes. The episode notes are mushed together with no formatting. You can play podcasts at 1.25 speed.
Here are Apple apps that I know to be good. Apple users, please send me information!
- Overcast This is a very fully-featured podcast app, and I believe it may be the most popular of the Apple podcast apps.
- Castro This is a simpler podcast app with nice features.
- Apple purple icon bundled podcast app: This app used to be good but was messed up by an update a year or so ago. I haven't heard if it is better. Episode notes show as a blob of unformatted text.
You can always just use one of our websites:
One episode of the DBRP goes live daily of the NLT and GNT series at those two sites.
The dailybiblereading.info site has our complete back catalogue of podcasts for both NLT and GNT, and various shorter series.
Each Daily Bible Reading Podcast (DBRP) episode runs about 24 minutes. Each podcast contains all three passages for that day in the 3D reading plan. I (Phil) give a brief introduction before reading each portion, giving background information and reminding you what we read in the last episode.
About subscribing in various Podcast Aggregator Apps:
If you don't find the DBRP by searching within your podcast app, most such apps have a way to subscribe using the RSS Feed.
Many podcast aggregator apps will only keep track of the last 200 episodes. If you can't find the episode you want, search for it at dailybiblereading.info.
There is also a dedicated Daily Bible Reading Podcast app for Android devices.
This is a good ad-free way to listen to the DBRP. This is only available on Android devices.
If you search in the play store, use the search string 'daily bible reading Philip C Fields'.