Benefits to Coaching
- Coach your kids and you get to spend more time with them at something you can help them have fun at.
- Coaching young people of any age gives you the opportunity to have a massive and important influence on the future of your community.
- You will be remembered for all the right reasons and kids will copy your example.
- You get to develop skills in something you have a passion for and coaching soccer skills is full of challenges and rewards.
- Build contacts in your community and neighborhood.
- Leadership, responsibility, and commitment all have their own reward and these are abundant when you coach.
- It will add to your attractiveness to employers as coaching soccer or any sport, shows the attributes above.
- Personal satisfaction.
Enjoy the excitement that coaching gives. With positive coaching, we can develop confident, thinking and creative soccer players! Get out there, coach soccer and make a difference. Remember, if you are there for the game or kids...you have already won!
Development of Coaching Contact
DIRECTOR OF COACHING
Phone: 763-222-6948 763-226-5537
Volunteer Coach Information
We are always looking for enthusiastic Volunteer Coaches. For more information please contact Eric Bauer, the Director of Coaching at 763-226-5537 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Coaches will be responsible for supervising youth teams in practices and games, to insure a fun and safe environment, provide leadership to teach sportsmanship, game skills and fundamentals.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend Coaches training
- Contact players/parents
- Hold a parent orientation meeting
- Organize and lead at least 1 practice per week
- Coach games and
- Be responsible for equipment
Volunteers who are free at these times:
2-3 Hours per week for approximately ______ weeks per season.
Coaches training to help set up practices and game plans will be provided.
Benefits to Volunteering:
Improving the quality of life for Cambridge-Isanti youth can be a very rewarding experience. Building lifetime relationships with youth and parents.
Quality resource for prepared printable practice sessions as well as training games and skill building activities.
MA Youth Soccer has a great coaching section that has practice plans and drills listed for weeks worth of training. Each drill has a picture to help you visualize the drill too.
Minnesota Soccer Coaching Academy is a non-profit organization formed in 2010, with the goal of improving the level of youth soccer coaching across Minnesota and Western Wisconsin.
Background Check/Concussion Training
All Cambridge Isanti Soccer Club Coaches (Head and Assistant/Rec and Travel) are required to completed an online background check each year and online Concussion Training every three years. The Concussion Training is required of all youth sports coaches by the State of Minnesota.
Background Check Instructions
1. Access the background check url:
2. Click the "Register" link below to begin the Adult Background Screening.
3. Enter your Sport Ngin username and password to login, or create a new account if you don't yet have one.
4. The following information is required* to complete the background check: last name, middle
name, first name, current address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, and social security. You will also be required to provide a contact email and phone number. Select CIS for club affiliation.
5. A receipt will automatically be emailed to the address associated with your profile. Save this for your records.
This link is to the CDC's website on concussions in youth sports. There are various fact sheets, links and videos.