Cebu International School
Established in 1924, Cebu International School offers a progressive program of contemporary international education that is the product of decades of focused development. The mission of CIS is to recognize and nurture potential, as well as to empower all members of the community to make a positive impact on our changing world. We have a reputation of graduating motivated and committed students who strive to attain their personal excellence in whatever they do.
Some defining characteristics of CIS include:
A Diverse Community of Learners
- Students, parents, faculty, and staff members from a diverse range of countries (over 20 nationalities!) and cultural backgrounds who support each other and thrive from growing together
- Small school and class sizes that enable caring and personalized learning experiences
Extraordinary Faculty & Curriculum
- Experienced, qualified, and caring teachers selected from the best applicants from all over the world and who actively nurture a student-centered school climate
- Globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum offered in conjunction with a comprehensive and inclusive extracurricular activities program
- Pre-K2-Grade 5: IB Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Grades 6-10: CIS preparatory middle years program
- Grades 11-12: IB Diploma Programme (DP)
- Targeted use of technology using 21st century learning techniques to enhance authentic learning
A Proven History of Excellence in International Education
- The only school in the Visayas and Mindanao island groups of the Philippines authorized to offer the globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB)program
- The only school in the Visayas and Mindanao island groups of the Philippines to be internationally accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and US-based Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), as well as locally accredited by the Philippines Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU)
- The only school in the Visayas island group recognized by the Philippine Government under the Republic Act 9190, giving CIS full recognition as an educational institution, international in character
- Stable CIS organization and continually developing programs spanning over 90 years
World Class Facilities & Unique Location
- A well-resourced campus with modern facilities
- Located in Cebu, Philippines, a dynamic economical hub as well as one of the most beautiful islands in the world and rich in history and culture.
The CIS experience is anchored in our belief and philosophy that each child is unique and has potential that must be identified and nurtured. As citizens of the world we believe in the strong universal moral values of respect, integrity and social responsibility. Together we are responsible, respectful, and prepared.
As we approach our 100th anniversary, CIS remains being fully committed to providing the best education possible, keeping a distinct, “I am noticed, I am loved, and I am capable” characteristic that is so desirable for nurturing children.
CIS Sinulog Family Day