We have extended the application deadline for 25% and 50% scholarships. Apply now!
Please apply by filling out the form below.
The scholarship recipients will be selected by CIID.
CIID SUMMER SCHOOL COSTA RICA
The CIID Summer School in Costa Rica aims at strengthening the human capital in the country through innovation & design tools and skills. That's why we are offering scholarships to potential participants from Costa Rica! If you are from Costa Rica and interested attending any any these workshops, please apply.
A special interest is being considered for people from Costa Rica who are in the following disciplines and industries:
1. Women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
3. Teachers & Researchers
5. Small-medium companies (15 employees or less)
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKSHOPS
Expertise: No specific expertise is required. However, some skills and experience might be needed, please read the workshop details for more information.
Language: All courses are taught in English so English proficiency is a requirement.
Scholarships: Certain restrictions and prerequisites apply for the following amounts: 25% and 50%. (The 100% schoalrships are not available anymore)
Structure: Each week-long workshop is designed to be stand-alone, so that one can participate in more than one workshop. Workshops will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m with some additional activities running up to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays
When & Where
Week 1: August 19th - August 23rd: Omar Dengo Foundation, San José
Week 2: August 26 - August 30th: La Selva, OTS Research Station, Sarapiquí
TERMS & CONDITIONS ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
- We offer only a limited number a scholarships. They are awarded to the first participants to complete the booking who fit the criteria. CIID will select the which participants to award with a scholarship according to the selection criteria. First come, first served.
- You will be asked to provide documentation of your profession, student status or startup status before starting the workshop. We will send you more information about which documents you will have to provide in case you are awarded a scholarship.
- The offer is available only for a limited period of time, so you have to apply before August 1st.
- The scholarship is only for one workshop. If you wish to attend two workshops, you have to fill the form a second time to apply for a second scholarship.
- If there is a payment to be completed, it needs to be done no later than 5 days after the announcement of the selection. For example, if you were awarded with a 50% scholarship, you will need to pay the rest within those five days. For a 25% scholarship, the participant will need to cover $915, for a scholarship of 50% the participant will need to cover $610
- By paying the %, you will secure your scholarship. If the payment is not received in a timely manner, the seat will be given to another candidate.
- If you are awarded a scholarship you will have to complete a survey regarding your experience and the impact it will have in your career.
- If you are awarded a 100% scholarship, and you wish to cancel, you will have to pay a 30% cancellation fee.
- The scholarship does not include food, accommodation or transportation.
- If your scholarship is for week 2, you will need to book a room at La Selva Research Station, please learn more here
LEARN FROM WORLD-CLASS FACULTY
Apply and get the opportunity to join us in these two locations
Elisa Casciano e.Casciano@ciid.dk