This section of the web site is intended to enable users to evaluate and compare data sets.
This section will include:
- An online map comparison tool. For a preview of this capability, you may view a four panel viewer featuring Gridded Population of the World v4 (GPWv4), Global Human Settlements Population (GHS-POP), and WorldPop for 2015 population in Google Earth Engine. If you are not registered in Google Earth Engine, please signup here.
- A comparison table.
- Data set documentation following a common template. Documentation for a number of data sets is available below.
- Documentation for the World Population Estimated (WPE) Data Set (Esri Inc.)
- Documentation for Gridded Population of the World, Version 4 (GPWv4), Revision 10 Data Sets (CIESIN, Columbia University)
- Documentation for Global Human Setlments Layer Population Grid (GHS-POP) (Joint Research Centre, European Commission)