Accessibility to the city
Bengaluru (earlier known as Bengaluru) is the capital city of Karnataka, an Indian state situated in the southern part of the subcontinent. Earlier known as the garden city of India, it became the location of the IT boom of the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Bengaluru is one of the more cosmopolitan cities of the country. The conference venue is Christ University, Hosur Road ( Please note the exact address, as Christ University has three campuses in Bengaluru).
Passport and Visa:
To enter India, you need to have:
- A valid passport, an Indian visa
- Return/Onward ticket
- An address for at least your first night of stay will be required for the landing form. Please bring a printed copy of your confirmed booking.
- Depending on the country you are travelling from, the Visa requirements vary. More information regarding the same can be found on the official website of the Indian Government.
- Please note that, the passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India & at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Immigration forms to be filled out are available post landing at the immigration section. Some Airlines also offer the same on the flight.
- Please keep a copy of the documents stated above handy during the immigration process. The process will take approximately 30-45 minutes depending on the length of the Queue at immigration.
- The extra security check will add an additional 30 minutes to the check-out process once you have landed
- Do ensure that you have subscribed to a travel insurance plan prior to your travel for the duration of you stay as well.
- Please Note: If you wish to purchase an Indian mobile phone sim card, it's easiest to do this at the airport and you'll need to provide an Indian address to complete the purchase along with various photocopies of documents. The retailer will advice. This link below provides more information. https://10yearitch.com/india-travel-advice/buying-and-using-a-sim-card-in-india/
By AirBengaluru has one airport, for both domestic and international flights, the Kempegowda International Airport. Situated outside the city (around 40 km away), it is well connected to other major airports of India like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, etc as well as to places across the world. There are various options to travel from the Airport in the form of Shuttle Buses, Uber and Ola taxis, and pre-paid taxis that are available at the airport. For the conference venue, Christ University, shuttle bus KIA-6 can be used and Christ University, Hosur Road should be the destination for other mediums of travel from the airport.
By TrainBengaluru has numerous railway stations, with two of them being of more importance, namely- Bengaluru City Railway Station and Yeshwantpur Railway Station. There are frequent trains from major and minor cities of India. City Railway Station is the closest to Christ University. Rest of the inter-city travel can be done with the use of auto rickshaws, taxis, or buses.
By BusThe major Bus top of the city is the Majestic depot, and buses towards all destinations in the city ply from there. The bus series that travel to Christ University are 342-F, 360-B, 360-C, 348-E, etc.
By MetroFor inner-city travel, limited lines of metro are available. They connect the length and breadth of the city across many stops and are comfortable to travel in. The closest metro station to the conference venue, Christ University, is Lalbagh, which is about 5 kms away. The rest of the distance would have to be covered in a bus, taxi or an autorickshaw.
Autorickshaws(commonly called ‘Autos’) and Uber and Ola taxis (apps) are good ways to travel within the city. Note of caution: Autos have meters that regulate the price of the service w.r.t the distance covered. Always ask for it to be used so as not having to pay an unsubstantiated amount. Alternately downloading an Uber or Ola app provides access to Autos at pre-designated prices.
Weather in Bengaluru is a pleasant affair. It never gets too hot or too cold to handle in this metropolitan city. The climate is always, just right. Sitting right in the middle of the southern peninsula at 3000ft above sea level, Bengaluru is blessed with the best weather. The temperature in winters don't drop too low and the summers dont peak as high as it does in most other places in South India.
November to March is the best time to visit Bengaluru.During IPTN’s conference, December ushers in a temperate winter. Temperatures average between 15℃ (59°F)to 28℃ (82°F). It dips lowest at night, early mornings are tinged with a bit of fog, while remaining pleasant and sometimes a bit warm during the day.It is favourable weather with almost no rain at all.
So if you are visiting Bengaluru from a more tropical region you might find the weather to be chilly. But, If you hail from a colder region, Bengaluru's winter will be a breeze for you. But best to carry some warm clothes anyway.You may not require anything heavy to keep you warm. A jacket/ sweater may suffice during the day.You will need a warm blanket to keep you cozy at night and maybe socks if you're not partial to the cold. It never snows here.