Who We Are
Christ Child Society of Akron (CCSA) works in partnership with other organizations and agencies to give love and basic support to children lacking the basic necessities of life.
Christ Child's 300 volunteer members come from various faith traditions and walks of life, but know that all children deserve dignity if their lives are to have purpose and meaning.
Challenging Poverty One Child At a Time
As the school year ends and CCSA members are busy taking inventory, cleaning house, and restocking for the coming fall term. We are thankful for the number of members who step forward to volunteer on our major clothing center project and, also for all of our supporters who make this possible.
So, as the children move from the classroom to outside activities here is some information for all of us to be mindful of:
- Wear a properly-fitted helmet. It is the best way to prevent head injuries and death.
- Ride on the sidewalk when you can. If not, ride in the same direction as traffic as far on the right-hand side as possible.
- Use hand signals and follow the rules of the road. Be predictable by making sure you ride in a straight line and don’t swerve between cars.
- Wear bright colors and use lights, especially when riding at night and in the morning. Reflectors on your clothes and bike will help you be seen.
- Ride with your children. Stick together until you are comfortable that your kids are ready to ride on their own.
This Chapter shall be an organization primarily dedicated to child welfare. Its motive and spirit shall be a love of Christ expressed in personal service for children and youth regardless of race or creed, to honor the childhood of Christ.
P.O. Box 13411 , Akron, OH 44334-8811