The Chester Community Coalition is a group of human services professionals and religious leaders working to provide counseling and support for survivors of gun violence in the City of Chester.
The Coalition is funded by an implementation grant from Catholic Health Initiatives' Violence Prevention Program.
To heal the psychological and emotional impact of homicides and reduce trauma-related reactive violence in the City of Chester, PA
Provide compassionate counseling services and related activities to children and adults within Chester City who have been negatively impacted by violence to promote healing, peace and safety within their families, surrounding community, and the entire City of Chester.
- Provide counseling services and related programming
- Outreach to bereaved families
- Develop and present materials on violence as a public health issue and on the Spectrum of Prevention
- Develop and nurture relationships with entities within the City of Chester to support community efforts
- Implement all aspects of the program in partnership with the Chester community and its representatives