New Faculty Orientation
Welcome New Part Time and Full Time Faculty
About this Orientation
This orientation is designed to help you get started teaching at Chemeketa. Chemeketa’s commitment to teaching and learning is more than rhetoric.
Our Vision, Values, and Core Themes reflect and shape our commitment to being “the community’s resource for quality education in a changing world".
A major avenue for meeting this commitment is through excellence in teaching and learning. The success of the college is dependent upon your conscientious effort to teach effectively and to be responsible to the diverse needs of our students in the learning process.
Steps to Complete this Orientation
New part-time faculty are required to complete this orientation before teaching.
- Review the information on this website
- Contact the IT Help Center to setup your employee email
- Send your official transcripts to the HR office
- Register for Mandatory Employee Training This training is in Skillsoft and is also required for all employees but is separate from this orientation.
- Register for this Orientation (CRN 17720) in My Chemeketa after review of this website to signify completion in the tracking system
- Complete the Orientation Survey to receive compensation for training
- Welcome from our President
- The overall structure of the College and its services
- The various campuses and outreach centers
- Chemeketa's Mission and Value
- The College's Organization Chart
- The mandatory trainings and reporting you will need to complete
- Oregon Community Colleges
- How to access your college employee email & accounts
- Communication across the College
- Email communications guidelines & expectations
- Communications regarding students - class lists, wait lists, adding and dropping students, grades, etc.
- Contacts for specific assistance - Help Desk and JIRA tickets
- Campus Resources for you and your students
- The College's Teaching and Learning Values
- Your role at the college
- The College teaching expectations
- Best Practices in teaching
- Who the students are in your classes
- The Academic Integrity policy of the College
- Syllabus construction expectations and adapting a syllabus to your course
- The Chemeketa Calendar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Some Chemeketa Quirks