Week of 9/25/18
9/25- Progress Reports
9/25- Early Release @ 1 PM- No After School Enrichment Classes
9/26-Terrific Kids Program @ 8:20 AM
9/26- Make Up Picture Day
9/27- First House Meeting (Color War)
10/5- Coffee & Conversation With Principal White
- The car rider route is from Eastbay St. to George St. and then to Anson for drop-off or pickup. Please be courteous of fellow Buist Families by following this suggested traffic pattern.
- Please do not walk up to the Anson St. doors during afternoon dismissal to pick up a student. It distracts faculty and staff from safely getting car riders dismissed. If your child's transportation changed from car rider to walker, please proceed to the main office or walker's gate to have your child called to your location.
- Please do not park at the bank across the street to pick up your student. The bank has called to inform us that they will begin towing if this continues to be a problem. If you are driving to pick up a student, we kindly ask that you utilize the car rider line. The car rider line on average takes 20 minutes.
- Please understand that we are responsible for safely dismissing approximately 485 students each afternoon. School dismissal procedures help us to accomplish the goal of sending each child home safely.
A NOTE FROM THE NURSE
All Buist students are unique and special...some in ways that are life altering...at least for them. I'm speaking about those students that have food allergies and/or health conditions that hinder them from participating in classroom activities.
Currently we have students with tree nut, stone fruit (peaches, plums, etc), sesame, egg, milk, and peanut allergies. We also have students with diabetes and latex allergies as well as gluten and food dye sensitivities.
As the nurse, I'm asking that you celebrate your child's special day without the customary food treats this year. If you have questions or concerns about this information, or if you need some non-food treat ideas call or email me: 843-727-2705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOLF TEAM AT BUIST
Attention all 3rd-8th graders interested in teeing off with the Buist Golf Team!!
There will be a Fall League available for Buist to participate in, if we can form a golf team. The season is short and would involve 1 match a week for approximately 5-6 weeks. Matches in the past have been played at Shadowmoss, Legend Oaks and Patriots Point. Take a swing at a great sport!
Please contact Shannon West if your child is interested.
I declare a Color War!
Show your House spirit by wearing as much of your House color as you can for our 1st House Meeting Pep Rally next Thursday, September 27!
Every student who wears their House polo shirt will earn 1 House point. Go beyond that, and you can earn up to 3 points for your House. Be creative and have fun!
buist family directory
Welcome to all new Buist families!
Please click here to join and add your family's information to the Buist Family Directory:
This secure, online directory is maintained by the Buist Foundation for use by current families, faculty, and staff.
All returning families should have received email instructions to verify and confirm their information for the current school year.
Please contact Jeanine Morey with any questions.
Please make sure the following forms are returned to the front office as soon as possible:
- Walking Field Trip Permission
- Walking After School
- School Nurse Emergency Card
- Student Code of Conduct/Technology Agreement
- Media Denial Form (Please only return if you do not wish for your child to be included in any internal or external school related media publications.)
BEST PRICES OF THE YEAR!
Click here to order your 2019 yearbook today and receive back to school special offers starting at $35!
Business & 8th grade recognition ads at lowest price- starting at $40!
Click here to create your ad online!
- Adult visitors, please only use adult restrooms. Student restrooms are reserved for children.
- Alternate dress is the last Friday of each month.
- Students not in class by 8:00 a.m. are marked tardy.
- Visitors are to enter the building through the main office between the hours of 7:30-3:30. Please do not knock on side doors to gain entrance.
Online enrichment class registration is now closed.
Late registration is on a first come, first serve basis and is at instructor's discretion to admit students.
Classes start week of September 24, 2018 (except classes held on September 25)
Please contact Ms. Frazier for all questions or concerns.
become a volunteer today!
Attention all adults and guardians of Buist Academy students!! There are many opportunities to volunteer in your child’s classroom and/or school-wide this coming school year. Any amount of time you can give is invaluable and greatly appreciated. Please sign up below and someone will be in touch with you soon and don't forget to also complete a volunteer application via CCSD in the reminders link above.
CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING WITHIN CCSD SCHOOLS.
Buist Academy Mission Statement
Buist Academy for Advanced Studies aims to challenge students in a rigorous environment which emphasizes achievement, encourages academic excellence, and promotes respect for individual differences. Together with Charleston County School District, the International Baccalaureate Organization, and community partners, Buist Academy equips students with the knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary to take action in their local and global community.