Family Service Credential
FAMILY CENTERED RELATIONSHIP BASED REFLECTIVE ECOLOGICAL STRENGTHS BASED
FAMILY SERVICE CREDENTIAL
The Family Service Credential is a comprehensive, competency based training experience, created to support direct service staff in their work with children and families. It is designed to support staff in the refinement of skills and strategies to incorporate the core values of being family centered, relationship focused, strengths based, ecological and reflective. The training is appropriate for any staff who work intensely with families in programs such as Head Start / Early Head Start, child care partners, home visitation programs, early childhood or 4-year-old kindergarten programs, family resource centers, etc.
The content of the course is centered on Portage Project’s five core values:
- Strength-Based – focusing on the strengths of children, families and staff to build relationships and guide intervention
- Ecological – considering the larger environmental context in which children, families, staff and programs exist as we carry out our work
- Family Centered – families guide the work we do and are the primary decision makers
- Relationship-Based – All learning occurs within the context of relationships. The path to our most effective work is through relationships, and these relationships support us personally and professionally.
- Reflective – taking time to think individually and collectively about our work with families and each other enhances the quality of what we do, how we feel, and influences our interactions.
UPCOMING TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
SAVE THE DATE!
TRAINING OF TRAINERS
JULY 20-24, 2020