Important Dates to Remember:
- 9/4: CLOSED for Labor Day
- 9/6: Planning Day
- 9/13: Picture retakes during class times
- 9/20: Planning Day
- 9/20 Family Engagement Meeting @ 5:30 p.m. Library Topics: Google Classroom and Parent Portal
Remind: Text @ccjhtigers to 81010 to get information sent right to your phone
Facebook: Cesar Chavez Tigers
Character Trait of the Month
* Respect *
To show regard for self and others
(Students are encouraged to demonstrate character traits each month.)
Tiger Den Lunch Learning
Tiger Den Lunch Learning is a program we have to assist students with completing both their homework and class work. If a student has missing assignments they can be referred by their teachers to attend in order to complete their assignment in the Tiger Den at lunch.
If you have any question please contact our learning directors Marianne Goularte or Kristina Overman.
We need parent cooperation so that every child comes to school on time, every day. Students who are late miss out on review and practice exercises that activate thinking for the day. They also miss out on essential directions, announcements and instruction. Do not deprive your child of these valuable educational experiences.
¨ Please allow time for traffic and for last-minute problems in the morning that could cause students to arrive late.
Arrive by 7:37 A.M.
It is important that the school and families work together to provide quality educational experiences for each and every child. Let’s all work together so Cesar Chavez students will be on time for their education!
EVERY DAY COUNTS!!!
- Parents would you like to be a parent volunteer at CCJHS? Please stop by our office to complete a volunteer application.
- Did you know that progress report card grades will mailed out on September 14? If you have any questions and would like to make an appointment with a Learning Director, please call 556-1830.
- Both 7th and 8th grade students will be invited to an end of the year field trip if they maintain a 2.0 GPA and do not get more than 4 F’s. Please encourage your student to work hard to earn this fun reward.
- Free tutoring will begin after school on September 12. Tutoring hours are from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Students must have an ASES application on file to attend tutoring with a CCJHS teacher.
If your son/daughter walks to school, please ensure they are using the sidewalk at all times.
All students walking on Whitmore Ave. should use the sidewalk, not the side with the dirt path.
Thank you in advance for support!
* REMINDER *
This is a friendly reminder to all parents.
Due to the congestion in the parking lot, please allow yourself enough time to drop off your children at school.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Cesar Chavez Junior High School’s (CCJHS) first English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meeting of the school year will be held on Thursday, September 28th, at 5:30 pm in room 302. All parents are welcome to attend. At this meeting, the California English Language Development Test (CELDT), the reclassification process, and plans to help English Learners acquire English will all be discussed. In addition, CCJHS’s English Language Development (ELD) teacher will be presenting on classroom instructional strategies geared toward English Learners. Child care, translation services, and snacks and refreshments will all be provided. We hope to see you there.