Research Topic: The influence of advertising in the lives of youth
What is the problem related to children being exposed to so much advertising?
How might advertising lead young people to make poor choices?
Should schools allow advertising by vendors?
What impact does a “consumer culture” have on people’s lives?
How do advertisers treat teenagers as a separate “target audience”?
Guided Research Links:
- Debate: Ban on advertising targeting children: IS THIS A GOOD WEBSITE? WHY or WHY NOT?
- CBS News: Resources: Marketing to Kids
- The Conversation.com: Fast food companies use social networking sites to target children
- The New York Times: U.S. Seeks New Limits on Food Ads for Children
- UConn Today: Food Advertising to Kids Still Promotes Unhealthy Foods