Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
My name is Troy Anderson and I am entering my 10th year teaching Social Studies at Lake City High School (12th year teaching overall). I am excited for the upcoming year, teaching American Government, U.S. History and History of Sports and Entertainment. Aside from teaching at LCHS, I also enjoy coaching basketball, and golf.
In my free time I enjoy doing anything active with my wife Jessika, along with my three awesome kids - Blake, Kylie, and Mason! I graduated from Eastern Washington University, where I received my B.A. in secondary education. I am also one of the few Lake City graduates who teaches in the building. Go Wolves!
If you have any questions throughout the year, please contact me through my email at email@example.com.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy" - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." - Abraham Lincoln
"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days that you feel good." - Jerry West
Daily Classroom Information:
- We use Google Classroom for a majority of assignments in my classes. This has been a beneficial tool for students in staying organized and understanding what is coming up in class. Students benefit from having home access points to the internet, however it is not required to be successful. Assignments and due dates for class activities/homework will be posted on Google Classroom every single day. Parents may have access to this site if they wish.
- Make-up Work: Students will be able to make up work for excused absences with no penalty. Students with unexcused absences will be penalized 50% credit for all work turned in. All students need to check Google Classroom or the homework box when they come to my room after missing a day.
- Late Work: My grading periods are broken into six week increments. Lake work will be accepted at a 50% value up until the end of each six week period. After each grading period is over, late work will not be accepted.
- Participation: Class participation will make up 10% of a students grade in my class. The types of things that are scored in this category are daily attendance, participation, daily class activities, etc.
- A1 Government
- A2 Government
- A3 Government
- A4 Prep
- B5 U.S History
- B6 History of Sports/Entertainment
- B7 History of Sports/Entertainment
- B8 Prep