Home -School Information
NOTICE OF INTENT TO HOME SCHOOL INSTRUCTIONS
Any parents/legal guardians who intend to conduct an Independent Home School, grades K-12, or a Church-Related Home School, grades K-12, for their own children, during the 2018-2019 school year must notify their local public school Director’s office. This requirement applies to previous home school parents and new ones alike.
Home School registration forms for the 2018-2019 school year are available at the Cannon County Schools Central office, on the Tennessee State Department of Education Home School page, or by accessing the form from the link below. Upon completion, signed and dated forms should be returned to the Director of School’s office at 301 West Main Street, Woodbury, TN 37190.
Any parent/legal guardian wishing to conduct an Independent Home-School for grades K-12 must provide:
- proof of legal custody or guardianship by a copy of child’s birth certificate or court order, and
- copy of a parent or legal guardian’s high school diploma or GED, and;
- student’s up-dated immunization record.
Click on the links below to access and print *required forms for Independent Home-School.
(Special Education Evaluation & Eligibility: Assessment in Special Education involves evaluation requirements/guidelines for eligibility to receive services and information regarding participation of students with disabilities in the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program (TCAP). Click here for more information.)
- Additional Informational Documents and resources
- Frequently asked questions about home-schooling.
- Tennessee Promise information Deadline for 2018-2019 seniors - November 1, 2018
If you have any questions regarding home schools, please call 563-5752 or 563-5029 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.