Welcome to Gourmet Cooking! Even though our school year is nothing like any other year, I am still committed to teaching you how to prepare delicious food! In this time, we are home more than ever and so cooking has become an even more important life skill!
Whether in person or virtually, you will be learning about:
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Knife Skills
- Ingredient function and purpose
- How to properly measure ingredients
- How to bake, saute, mix, cream, fry
- Regional and International Cuisines
- and so much more!!
Take a moment to survey your kitchen to see what cooking tools you have. During the first few days of school, I am going to ask you to fill out a form so I know what you have at home.
Ms. Borrelli and Andrew Zimmern, renowned chef and host of the tv show "Bizarre Foods"!
Borrelli's tip for making crispy eggplant!