Senior Internship Program
Welcome Seniors, Mentors, Advisors, and CCSC Community
About the CCSC Senior Internship Program:
- Now in its 12th year, the Senior Internship Program at Community Charter School of Cambridge has been immensely successful and helps define our school. Each spring, each of our 12th graders is placed with one of our partner organizations. Our partners include non-profits, universities, businesses, technology firms, community centers, and other organizations in and around Kendall Square, Cambridge, and Boston.
- The Senior Internship Program is a hallmark of the CCSC experience that provides all graduates with meaningful, real-world experience in a professional setting. The internship experience has undoubtedly helped our graduates as they matriculate to colleges across the country. The program also helps to prepare our students for productive citizenship. Participation is a requirement for graduation. As we grow, we are always looking for new internship sites for our program, so thank you for taking a moment to learn about CCSC’s Senior Internship Program.
- If you know of a local organization that would be willing to consider a student for a meaningful internship in the spring of 2019 or if you would like to be a judge for our Senior Internship Exhibition Night this spring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule & Requirements
- Starting at the beginning of Semester 2, seniors spend every Wednesday at their internship instead attending regular classes.
- Seniors are NOT able to receive any form of payment for their work.
- Seniors are expected to work a full day each Wednesday for the duration of the program; about 14 mandatory Wednesdays, and optional days over school vacations.
- Interns must work a minimum of 100 hours of service over the course of the program.