Meet Mrs. Coleman!
My name is Stacey Coleman and I am very excited to be returning to Cedar Ridge as the Behavior Specialist. I have been in education since 2004 as a school counselor. I received my Bachelors Degree in Physical Education and Health Education from West Virginia University and my Masters Degree in School Counseling from Duquesne University.
As the Behavior Specialist I:
- Work with teachers, school staff, and parents to help support appropriate behavior
- Monitor student behavior progress
- Offer staff development
- Develop strategies and plans to help students be successful in the classroom
- Conduct small group social skills lessons with students
- Serve on the PBIS and Mindset Crisis Intervention Team
As a Behavior Specialist, my goal is to assist the teacher in looking at the whole child when addressing any behavioral needs and come up with strategies that will enable the student to be successful learners and contributing members to the school community.
On a personal note I am an army spouse with three children; I have twins in first grade and a sixth grader. We also have a labradoodble who loves to play fetch!
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.