Sixth Grade Language Arts
Stallings Island Middle School
7:30 – 8:50 1st Period
8:50 – 10:03 2nd Period
10:03 – 10:05 Locker Break
10:05 – 11:50 3rd Period/Lunch
11:50 – 1:03 4th Period
1:03 – 1:05 Locker Break
1:05 - 1:50 5th Period
1:50 – 2:35 6th Period
Summative Assessment (80% of each 9 Weeks Grade)
- Given to evaluate student proficiency over several content standards
- 4 - 5 summative grades given each 9 weeks
- All grades may be reassessed ONE time AFTER teacher reteaching requirements have been met.
- All reassessments should be completed during the 9 week grading period in which the standards are taught.
- Last Summative Assessment will be a 9 Weeks Test
- This is an opportunity for students to show cumulative mastery on high priority standards for the 9 weeks.
- This assessment may NOT be reassessed but can replace the lowest summative grade, including any reassessment grades.
Formative Assessments (20% of each 9 Weeks Grade)
- Given to evaluate student progress over a few content standards; designed specifically to provide detailed feedback on content areas which are below proficiency
- 4 - 6 formative grades given each 9 weeks
- possibility of all grades being replaced by corresponding summative assessment