Mr. Brunelle's Home Page
There are many areas to the website that I know you will find great value in. My goal is to make the website not just a tool for me, as the teacher, to connect with parents, but also a learning tool and resource for the students. Please contact me through email...communication is essential to the educational process!
The students will be working on the following...
- reading, writing and math skills
- understanding context clues
- understanding comprehension questions
- being active readers
- reading for enjoyment
- understanding the importance outlines
- using details, higher vocabulary
- proofreading and editing
- identifying steps in multiple step math problems
- identifying order of operations
The students will use current event articles, letters, essays, a wide variety of math problems and material they select when reading. Technology will be incorporated in as many lessons as possible.
- Online dictionary source. Students can listen to the word, use a thesaurus and play spelling flashcards games
- Has a wide variety of useful graphic organizers to start the writing process
- Link has current events articles where students can work on reading comprehension skills, spelling and writing responses.
- A website made to assist is studying vocabulary for each subject. The site allows students to print off vocabulary in index card form.