Pop-ups are one day events at which we reconnect with our CapX Family and take advantage of our city's unique learning opportunities.
In the Garden with CapXLab:
Thanks to Washington Youth Garden for hosting Capital Experience Lab students and friends for a day of garden science, learning and fun on Saturday, April 20, 2019.
- planted and watered several sections of the pollinator garden
- weeded asparagus beds
- harvested fresh greens
- prepared and tasted a healthy snack (Garden-To-Table style)
Congratulations to all who participated in a quest for understanding justice on 2/9/19.
First stop: The National Portrait Gallery, where we analyzed images through the lens of justice and reviewed vocabulary that helped us understand the elements of a jury trial.
Thank you to all CapXLab students and friends who joined us on 12/08/18 to participate in CapX’s first ever Poetry Slam. Students had an opportunity to:
• Read, watch, and analyze spoken word poetry
• Engage with experts to learn about the craft of writing
• Work with a writing and performance coach
• Perform an original piece in front of CapX friends and families
After a tour on which we learned about Frederick Law Olmstead's design of the Capitol grounds, we were able to meet with some of the master craftsmen who maintain the building and try out some techniques ourselves. Have you ever practiced gilding before?