Guided Pathways Home
NEW - Draft Program Maps
For your Reading Pleasure:
Factors Enabling and Constraining the Implementation of Guided Pathways by Robert Gabriner
Cabrillo College is proud to be one of the twenty in California selected to be part of the California Guided Pathways Demonstration Project.
Guided Pathways provides students with clearer roadmaps to achieving their dreams -- from the moment they decide to come to the college to the time they earn a certificate, degree or transfer.
Guided Pathways includes:
- On-boarding processes that help students enter college easily.
- Intake processes that help students explore academic and career options.
- Maps of programs of study, detailing what courses to take each semester to complete a degree or certificate.
- Employment and salary information about the careers and further education that may result from those degrees and certificates.
- Course sequences that are scheulded so students can achieve their goals quickly.
- Counseling and academic support embedded throughout a student's educational journey.
Guided Pathways helps students by:
- Providing them with intentional exploration of academic options, allowing them to make informed choices about their majors and careers.
- Eliminating uncertainty about requirements, reducing their chances of taking excess units.
- Providing accelerated remediation to help very poorly prepared students succeed in college level courses as soon as possible.
- Cheering on their successes and providing extra support when they encounter obstacles.
Guided Pathways is equity-driven and student centered, so that we can better help all of our students along all of the stages of their educational journey.
"Guided Pathways honors and values our students and their career and educational aspirations."
-Cabrillo College President Matt Wetstein