Cabool R-IV School District Board of Education (2017-2018)
- Mr. Ted Noirfalise, President (2015-2018)
- Mrs. Cynthia Flanagan, Vice-President (2017-2020)
- Mr. Mike Luerssen, Treasurer (2017-2020)
- Mrs. Melissa Bradshaw, Board Secretary
- Mr. Michael McCall, Member, MSBA Delegate (2017-2020)
- Mr. Jacob Reese, Member (2016-2019)
- Mr. Kevin Clary, Member (2015-2018)
- Mr. Shaun Watson, Member (2016-2019)
What the Board of Education does
A board of education is a governmental body created by law to maintain public schools within a given district. Education is a function of the State. The board, therefore, represents the state even though the members are elected by the people of the district by virtue of authority granted by the State Legislature. Law defines the duties and responsibilities of district boards of education in the State of Missouri.
Individual board members exercise their authority only when the board is actually in session and not individually outside of a meeting. Decisions and policies of the board of education are agreed upon only in official board meetings. Boards of education are to adopt rules and regulations to aid in making the wishes of the board understood by all employees.