Early Childhood and Family Education (ECFE)
Welcome to Byron ECFE
We offer wonderful opportunities for young children and their family members to learn together, make new friends, and explore new activities in a classroom. We hope that this page will help you better understand our program and if you have further questions, please contact us at 507-775-2336.
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) Family Handbook
- Minnesota's Early Childhood Family Education: Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- MN Parent Guide
- Zero to Three
- Help Me Grow
- Immunization Form (PDF)
What is ECFE ?
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a public school program for all Byron families with children between the ages of birth and kindergarten enrollment. The program recognizes that parents are children’s first and most significant teachers.
• The mission of ECFE is to strengthen families and enhance the ability of all parents to provide the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children.
Who participates in ECFE?
Parents and children participate together. Participation by families is voluntary and services are offered free or for a nominal fee. Early Childhood Family Education is committed to universal access for all families.
Registration Information – ECFE Classes
• Please be certain that your child is the appropriate age for the specific class you have chosen. “Pre-kindergarten” refers to any child who has not yet enrolled in Kindergarten.
• Lap babies (0-9 months) are welcome to attend during parent/child interaction time and during parent discussion.
• No family will be denied the opportunity to participate in ECFE programs because of inability to pay. Family scholarships are available upon request. Contact the Community Education office for more information.
• We are required by law to have a current immunization record for each child enrolled in our program.