The English Hub
In September 2018, the Department of Education appointed thirty-two English Hub schools across England to promote a love of reading and support other schools to deliver excellent phonics and early language teaching.
Literacy specialists within each hub will provide tailored support to schools. This will include:
- running events to showcase excellent practice in teaching reading
- working with local schools to develop their practice
Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School was delighted to be appointed as one of those schools. We are in the process of establishing the Burley Woodhead English Hub and we will soon be recruiting schools to receive support and funding for resources.
Any school can request support from an English Hub. However, if there is more demand than capacity, hubs will select schools to support based on the school’s capacity to improve, the level of the need for support and the level of disadvantage of the children at the school.
The support the English Hub can provide includes:
- Two free places per school at Showcase events, including supply cover costs (each event will showcase an aspect of early language and reading)
- Up to £6,000 per school to invest in resources
- A full audit of your school’s early language and reading provision carried out by one of our Literacy Specialists and support with action planning
- Up to 6 days of school-to-school support led by one of our experienced Literacy Specialists
The Burley and Woodhead English Hub
Burley and Woodhead C E Primary School
Burley in Wharfedale,